A fantastic opportunity is now available for an experienced Internal Auditor to join a vital team within Manchester City Council. This role is based on an initial 3 month contract and is available immediately.
What is the role?
Manchester is a modern Council working with public and private sector partners in the City and across Greater Manchester to secure sustainable economic growth and public service reform. Their success is reliant on effective and efficient systems of governance, risk and control, and an internal audit service to match.
Under a Shared Head of Audit and Risk Management, the internal audit service delivers an audit service for Manchester City Council and works in partnership with the internal audit team at Bolton Council. This is an exciting time for the service as they develop their collaboration to respond to the wide range of opportunities, challenges and assurance needs across our ambitious authorities.
How will you do this?
- Perform internal audit assignments drawn from a range of services and functions, designing and delivering audits to reach sound assurance opinions and identifying solutions to manage risks.
- Support the Lead Auditor to develop and implement effective and appropriate audit plans that address key risks.
- Persuade and drive service improvements through effective communication of findings, risks and outcomes of audit work.
What experience do you need?
- Extensive experience of providing a wide range of audit services and confidence undertaking audit tasks independently.
- Strong analytical, evaluation and communication skills and a good understanding of internal audit and investigations tools and techniques.
- Ideally hold a relevant qualification (CIA/CIMA, CCAB, CCIP) and experience within Internal Audit or Counter Fraud.
Get me signed up!
This position is available immediately. To register your interest please apply below or contact email@example.com for a full job description.