REED Contracts are currently recruiting for a Senior Auditor to join a large organisation in Merseyside. This is an excellent opportunity to join a large finance department on a temporary basis.
The duties will include:
- Supervise and undertake efficient and effective audit reviews of risk management processes at the corporate, divisional, business unit and process level, in accordance with the audit plan.
- Prepare a constructively based draft report for agreement with the Audit Manager, and subsequently Senior Management, including conclusions drawn from work undertaken and making recommendations for system improvements.
- Identify and develop opportunities to standardise systems, make efficiencies and improvements to ensure value for money in the systems.
- Discuss findings of audit fieldwork with Managers, including identifying the development of system improvements and recommending remedial action for any weaknesses identified.
- Supervise and undertake value for money reviews, and investigations into financial regulations, including the liaison with client management at the appropriate level on audit findings and recommendations and the preparation of reports.
- Proactively contributing to the development of the Internal Audit service, its quality and performance management framework to ensure that objectives are met.
- To be accountable for all Health & Safety issues, to include risk assessment, pertaining to the post holder’s area of responsibility in order to fulfil the statutory obligations of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
The ideal candidate:
- Fully qualified Accountant.
- Ability to think logically; analysing systems to identify weaknesses and strengths, and to provide solutions to increase efficiency and improve assurance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk based audit techniques and procedures and ability to apply them in practice.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Advanced excel skills.
The ideal candidate will report to the Internal Audit Manager on a 3 month temporary basis initially, however this could be extended.
The hourly rate of pay is £16.62 (paye).
If you have the above experience then please apply ASAP.