• continuing to learn new skills?
• facing new challenges every day?
• developing management skills by supporting others on the team and contractors?
• working in complex and diverse organisations?
• making a difference through the work they do with services?
If you would like to be part of a highly regarded, energetic, creative and supportive team, then we would like to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity for a career minded person to join a service who continually strive to improve. In this post, you will audit all aspects of our clients' business as well as draft and agree your own reports with senior management. High level summaries of your work will also be reported to senior management and Audit Committee. Opportunities will be made available to lead on the more challenging aspects of the teams work and get involved in specialist audit areas. You will also be expected to support the Audit Managers with team management and staff development. All team members have a continual professional development programme throughout their employment with the Council.
We are looking for someone who:
• is an experienced and self-sufficient auditor, who can deliver high quality audits, on budget and within agreed deadlines, with minimal Audit Manager support
• can effectively co-ordinate, check and challenge the audit work of colleagues or contractors, to ensure it is ready for review before being given to the Audit Manager.
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and Castle Point Borough Council are neighbouring authorities who share a Head of Internal Audit and pool their internal audit staff to provide a service to both councils and South Essex Homes (a housing management company). It also supports the work of each client's Audit Committee whose membership is drawn from Councillors or Board Members. The successful candidate will be expected to work at any client the team provides a service to.
Internal Audit also works collaboratively effectively with the Counter Fraud & Investigation Directorate, hosted by Thurrock Council and Southend-on Sea Borough Council that also provides services to other clients.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer. They welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Maria Griffin on 01702 455330 or email email@example.com.