|Location: MILTON KEYNES, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE||Salary: 39000.00 - 46500.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 9 months ago||Reference: 3076929|
The Senior Analyst ensures that reliable and effective information systems are in place to support the wide range of functions: Business Intelligence, Predictive Modelling, Planning and Forecasting and Statutory Reporting. You must be able to provide rapid solutions delivered to a deadline and built and maintained in line with audit requirements.
• Maintain and enhance the SAS datasets and marts used by SIO and other units.
• Update systems to take account of changes to operational data and systems.
• Liaise with the IT unit on operational data extracts.
• Maintain documentation to agreed standards.
Systems analysis and development
• In consultation with other stakeholders, develop and promulgate agreed data definitions.
• Provide SAS programming support to the team, contributing to the development of SAS skills and the dissemination of good practice in the analysis of information needs and the design and implementation of efficient and maintainable SAS programs.
• Champion common approaches such as re-usable code, standardised definitions, etc.
• Apply appropriate project management and systems development methodologies.
• Investigate new techniques to improve the processing and quality of MI data.
• In collaboration with IT and other units, and using your expertise in end-to-end processes in the BI journey, identify opportunities and value the development of new big data and cloud based analytics infrastructure capabilities (Hadoop/Spark, MS Azure, AWS).
• Contribute analytical, programming and systems expertise to SIO and collaborative projects.
• Contribute to the development of the University’s Data Warehouse, specifically in the provision of data marts for SIO and collaborating units.
Line management of junior staff
• Manage workload and priorities
• Set objectives and identify development needs.
For more information please call Natalie Garfoot on 01908 660057 or email Natalie.Garfoot@reed.co.uk
25000.00 - 28000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
30000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
36153 - 42806 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more
25000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
NEWQUAY, CORNWALLRead more
60000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum
CROYDON, SURREYRead more