Location: London, UK (remote working package available)
Level: Mid - Senior
Salary: £85,000 - £95,000 negotiable depending on level of experience
As an international specialist insurer my client is from the world of mass market insurance products, focusing on key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages it’s employees to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a senior actuary with the pricing team that would suit a talented individual who is looking for the next step in their career. This forward thinking company encourages everyone to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
This role will be mainly focused on General Liability (GL) and you will be embedded in the GL team, but there will be the opportunity to be involved in the other two lines. It is a key role in driving forward our London Market Pricing Strategy by developing and updating our models.
- Providing analytical support for the underwriters and management through large risk pricing and portfolio analysis.
- Leading the transformation of the models within Casualty using best-practice for all open market classes across London Market.
- Working with large data sets and exploring around the subject
- Using new techniques to help London Market get the most from its data
- Providing high quality pricing analysis to help assess the expected profitability of new opportunities
- Communicate complex issues to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Educated to degree level with numerate emphasis
- Experienced analytical background with at least 8 years solid experience in general insurance
- London Market Pricing experience with proven track-record of model development and improvement
- Superb Excel skills
- Knowledge of R/SQL/VBA/Python
- Speak and write fluent business English
- Qualified actuary/ newly qualified
- Casualty insurance experience