We are recruiting exclusively with our client in East Grinstead for a Senior Accounts Payable Clerk to join a small team in a successful organisation.
- Maintain the purchase order record, update, issue and distribute purchase orders once approved.
- Place orders with suppliers for consumable items via online link system.
- Ensuring that routine tasks required to maintain the ledger and ensure the smooth operation of the Finance function are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- To assist the Finance Manager in the process of monitoring creditors, including contact with external organisations in order to facilitate timely payment.
- Discuss, interpret and resolve with suppliers and other organisations, inaccuracies with invoices & payments.
- Maintains appropriate procedure records and audit trail for all activity.
- Daily Cashbook entries into accounting package. Assists in the preparation of ad-hoc financial information as required.
- Preparation and processing bi-monthly supplier payment routines via HSBC Internet Banking and fulfil all administration required.
- Coding of invoices to the correct Budget and expenditure codes. Assist with identifying the appropriate authorisation for invoices and requisitions as per the scheme of delegation.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Finance manager
- Experience of working in a sole accounts payable position in recent career history
- Intermediate excel skills (pivot tables)
- Experience working within a SME environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills