REED Contracts are pleased to be supporting one of REED's Core Clients with the recruitment of a Senior Support Accountant on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide pro-active professionally qualified support and guidance to budget holders for the financial management of their department; with a clear focus upon ensuring the best use of departmental resources based upon sound and demonstrable financial reasoning.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with budget holders and senior managers, and take ownership of the Service Level Agreements; to ensure that the needs of the budget holder are fully satisfied.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting upon the financial position of areas/departments to relevant stakeholders using appropriate means of communication and methods of financial analysis.
- Provision of professional challenge support and advice to budget holders over a wide range of subjects, with a clear focus on obtaining best value, and best use of resources for the organisation.
- Review and monitor expenditure on payroll, ensuring the payroll costs are reconciled to establishment figures, and any discrepancies are explained.
- Review and monitor expenditure on supplies and services and produce recommendations for improved efficiencies where appropriate, thus enabling effective financial management of the budget.
- Responsible for the production of information required by Financial Operations for the closure of accounts, and the preparation of the Statement of Accounts.
Knowledge and Experience
- Fully qualified CCAB Accountant.
- Post-qualification experience of working within a large and complex financial environment; with specific knowledge and experience of fulfilling a budget management role.
- Evidence of working under pressure, with clear experience of self-motivation and workload prioritisation
- Advanced communication skills to deal effectively with a variety of potential stakeholders. This includes the ability to challenge devolved budget managers, and budget holders, present and disseminate financial information effectively to non-financial officers, and to present both verbal and written reports to Chief Officers and other stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills, and the ability to pro-actively respond to financial issues as they arise.
In return for your commitment, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 32 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata) – increasing with length of service
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Continuous professional development
- Flexi-time Scheme
- Parking on site
- City Centre location
The working hours are 36.5 hours per week with a salary of between £44k and £50k per annum depending on experience.
If you have the above skill set and would like a confidential chat about the role please apply asap.
Good Luck !