This newly created role comes with a comprehensive pay and benefits package working with a friendly proactive management team.
This job will allow you to really take control and add value, and is not to be missed.
Interviews taking place week commencing 7th August, apply ASAP online or send an updated CV to - Lindsey.email@example.com.
Alternatively if you have any questions please call me directly on - 01642 256420.
You'll be responsible for -
• Performing periodic accounting including month end, quarterly and year-end closing.
• Ensure all relevant GL accounts are reconciled and all accounting entries are recorded in accordance with accounting policies and procedures and the necessary accounting standards.
• Timely and accurate completion of the management reporting.
• Co-ordinate the preparation of the Site budget and forecast process, including investigation and reporting of variances relating to the actual results.
• Ensure the site is fully compliant with internal and external business controls and requirements.
• Work with third parties to ensure cost recharges are in line with various infrastructure agreements.
• Ensure all site inventories are accounted for correctly and that valuations for both finished product and raw materials are accurate.
• Define, implement and maintain proper working instructions and check consistent application.
• Proactively and continuously find opportunities to make the function’s processes more efficient and effective.
• Coaching and motivation of the team to help develop their skills and knowledge.
The UK Site Accounting & Reporting Team, as part of Corporate Finance, is responsible for the (monthly) financial closing process, ensuring accurate and timely recording of year-to-date operating expenses, fixed assets and inventory valuations.
Next to this, the team is also involved in many other operational and project related site activities like budgeting, statutory reporting, plant overhauls and capital investments.
The jobholder will deputise for the supervisor whenever needed by managing the day-to-day operations for the UK team.
Qualifications and experience required:
The ideal candidate will have good technical accounting knowledge, covering financial and controlling including product costing.
You will have a University degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent with at least 2 years post-qualification experience.
You will require strong analytical and Microsoft office skills with good communication and interpersonal skills.