I am looking for a passionate, energetic, and enthusiastic person to join a small dedicated team. At Reed community care we support children and young people out in the community. This would be an ideal opportunity for anyone who is looking for part time work at weekends and school holidays.
This is a challenging yet rewarding role, at times you may be supporting children who can exhibit behaviour that challenge, some of our children and young people may need personal care, they could have communication and sensory issues and no danger awareness. Our Children and young people have various diagnosis that includes learning disabilities, physical disables, autism, and epilepsy to name a few. All of them get a great deal of enjoyment in beieng outdoors being able to run of some energy and not being restricted by the constraints of being in doors. This is made very clear by the smiles on their faces.
We provide an essential servcie to families by enabling them to have some much-needed respite.
Our shifts are normally around 4 hours longs some may be slightly longer. The pay is £10 per hour.
You would need the following attributes, training, and experience: -
- 6-month experience of working with children and young people who have learning disabilities, autism and physical disabilities and be able to provide 2 care related references.
- Lots of energy and patients.
- For some of the support you may need training or experience of de-escalation techniques.
- For some of the support experience of providing personal care will be essential.
- Experience of working with children and young people who have communication issues.
If this like sounds like something that you would be interested in please get in touch, I am happy to have an informal chat in the first instance.
Working for Reed
We have a robust Covid risk assessment in place and provide any PPE that may be required.
Additional Benefits of working for Reed
• FREE Training
• Holiday entitlement
• Refer a friend scheme
• Competitive health scheme
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or alternatively, you can send a copy of your most recent CV to Pauline.email@example.com