Are you a SEN Teaching Assistant that loves making a difference in young people lives? Do you need a new challenge? Are you a passionate and motivated SEN Teaching Assistant who has a real interest in supporting children in the classroom and around the school?
REED Education foresee that there will be a high need for teaching staff when schools return after the current Coronavirus pandemic. REED Education have a high volume of opportunities in a range of primary schools across the Lambeth borough.
The role includes:
- Supporting children with Special Educational Needs, in small groups or 1:1, as directed by the class teacher (resources given)
- Working with children in small groups to help them gain a better understanding of the work set
- Working closely with the class teacher and SENCO to understand the child/children’s needs as best as possible
- Using experience and initiative, knowing when to intervene to give a child extra help
The ideal candidate:
- Able to manage challenging behaviour appropriately and positively
- Has confidence when put into/dealing with situations that may seem challenging
- Can use their initiative in situations
- Previous SEN experience (Ideal)
- Caring and nurturing
- Professional and friendly approach
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge using PECS and MAKATON
- BSL (Level 1 and Level 2)
- SPELL/TEACHH training
- Lego therapy training
- Team Teach training
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across Lambeth.
If you are interested in applying, please send across your most updated CV to: email@example.com. Please note that at present all registration interviews will be completed online.
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing