Teaching assistant - SEND and PMLD
Are you looking for work in a Secondary school and want to work in SEND for students with a diagnosis of Dyslexia, Additional learning Difficulties and PMLD
Do you have the patience, positivity, resilience and empathy to work with pupils one to one and in small groups?
Are you a team player and love working with children with a range of learning abilities?
Then you should apply for this role, to join a team of LSA's
Reed Education are looking for a Teaching assistant/Learning Support Assistant that has experience in supporting children with SEND in the Chelmsford area.
The school is dedicated in supporting children with all SEND. These can be anything from Dyslexia and Austism to other significant difficulties such as physical disabilities, communication issues, challenging behaviours, sensory impairment or a medical condition.
Experience of working with children is required for this role, however transferable skills will be considered.
- Smaller group work
- Working in a team of LSA's
- To work on a 1:1 capacity with pupils
- To learn new skills and ways of supporting children
- Training and development opportunities
• Experience of working with children/young people/vunerable adults in some capacity
• SEN experience is useful.
• Be willing to learn and develop their knowledge and skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Be positive and enjoy a challenge.
- Strong behaviour management skills, resilience and enthusiasm.
- Throw yourself in!
- Great team work skills.
We are looking to hear from you if you are and experienced practitioner, seeking a change of career, would like to gain SEND experience or thinking of a career in teaching, nonetheless, this is a great way of building on your skills and experience in a variety of settings in addition to mainstream schools.