Job Role: Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant – Complex Needs
Start Date: September
Salary: £60 - £90
Reed Education’s SEN team are working in partnership with a school in the Leeds area which caters for young people who have severe and complex needs.
We require a teaching assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a young person supporting them with sensory activities, general classwork and other general support.
Due to the nature of this role it requires someone who has experience within SEN and complex needs and you should be aware of PEG feeds, moving and handling and sensory activities.
What you will need:
- A positive nurturing approach
- Ideally you will have worked with learners with a range of needs
- Be able to engage a young person in learning through a range of methods
- This young person needs consistency and so you need to be able to commit to working with them for a long period of time
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to Steven Denvers on 0113 236 8960