£100-£180 per day
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Essential Criteria: PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
Reed Education are seeking experienced SEN Teachers to work across our Special Educational Needs Schools – Behaviour focused. This means you will be working in a SEMH School. The pupils may have been removed from mainstream education and placed into an alternative education environment where they have provisions to aid their learning. The position will be based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
If you are committed, passionate and able to support the development of young people with behavioural difficulties then this opportunity in an exciting new school is perfect for you.
You will be working in a demanding yet fulfilling role with children that have a wide range of behavioural learning difficulties.
This means you must be confident, flexible, and understanding in a variety of situations that may take place in the classroom. It is also important you are an excellent team player.
You must make sure that the pupils you teach are engaging with innovative lessons which will help support the emotional development in their education.
This is a temporary role which will involve some lesson planning and cover.
- Experience teaching learners with social, emotional and mental health issues
- Experience using a range of behaviour management strategies
- teaching in Primary or Secondary within in an SEN setting
- High expectations of children’s achievement and progress
- Adaptable if any disturbances occur in the classroom
- Must be able to spot a situation that may be escalating
- Compassion and understanding to pupils physical and emotional needs
- Flexibility in teaching approach
- A real desire to make a positive difference to children
- Enhanced DBS on the update service
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this great opportunity, then please apply today!
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.