Maths/Science Teacher required for an SEN Ofsted rated Outstanding School in the Wyre & Fylde area.
My client is a leading provider of specialist education based in Lancashire they are looking for a Maths/ Science Teacher to join them.
The School educate pupils that are having difficulties in a mainstream school and might be (or has been) permanently excluded from their current school.
They teach the same National Curriculum and offer the same level of qualifications as a mainstream school. However, as well as the academic work they also help support the pupils individual needs.
The role would be the following:
• To teach Maths to groups of students from all abilities across years 11-16 years
• To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
• To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
• To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
• To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
• To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
• To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
• To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school behaviour policy.
• To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
• To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
You must have the following to apply.
• PGCE Maths with QTS
• Experience teaching the national curriculum.
• Strong classroom management style.