REED Education are proud to be working alongside an Ofsted ‘Good’ specialist provision in Stoke-on-Trent who are currently looking to recruit a qualified and experienced SENCo with prior SLT experience to join them on a temporary to permanent basis as their SENCo and Deputy Head.
About the school;
Established over 15 years ago, the school have consistently been making a positive difference to young people’s lives, providing support to those who have been temporarily or permanently excluded from mainstream education or those at risk of exclusion. The school has been developed to be a haven for disengaged students, or those who have struggled with mainstream education.
The school supports children and young adults with a variety of needs including those subject to statements of needs, young people who are looked after and those with SEMH requirements. Alongside the school’s established and tailored educational packages and behavioural management programmes, the school also has established strong working relationships with external agencies.
About the role;
Working as part of an established and driven SLT, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of outstanding pastoral care, inclusion and safeguarding. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established team and take a pivotal role in driving the school towards becoming an ‘outstanding’ provision.
You will ensure an outstanding level of intervention is provided, developing and monitoring effective and tailored EHCPs alongside external agencies, as well as parents and teachers. As SENCo, you will play a vital role in the school’s referral process, ensuring that all EHCP needs can be supported and achieved by the school. The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience and confidence in developing and monitoring EHCPs and leading PEP meetings with external agencies, allowing you to truly hit the ground running!
The role requires someone who utilises a high level of innovation and pro-activeness in their work, along with a passion for supporting SEND pupils across KS3-4. With pupil progress at the heart of everything you do, you will be a pioneer for delivering training to all staff as needed to ensure your children are given the very best opportunity to succeed.
• SENDCO Qualification or equivalent
• Provision of tailored EHCPs and interventions to allow students to overcome barriers to learning
• Delivering pupil centred EHCP reviews
• Understanding and qualification to support Exam Access arrangements.
In return for your hard work, you will receive;
• Levels of pay that reflect your experience.
• Choose how you wish to be paid- through an Umbrella company, or through ourselves as a PAYE employee, giving you control of your finances.
• We don’t shy away from AWR- maintaining your rights as a temporary employee to receive pay to scale within longer term assignments.
• A specialist consultant who will deal with you exclusively and provide you with additional support such as CV writing, interview guidance and honest feedback.
• Access to CPD including Safeguarding training, PREVENT and Team Teach.
• Refer a friend scheme of £100 per referral.
If you think that this may be the role for you, click apply now!
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding therefore all successful applicants will be subject to Enhanced DBS check, Prohibition Check, two years' references, face to face interview and qualification checks.