Are you an experienced teaching assistant looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs? Do you enjoy making a difference to the lives of vulnerable individuals? - If so, this could be the role for you!
I am currently supporting a fantastic Autistic Specialist School located in Cambridge, for students between the ages of 5-19. The school is well structured and has a calm, positive atmosphere, where students can learn and have fun at the same time.
With a good reputation across the county and rated 'good' by Ofsted, the School are now looking for an outstanding teaching assistant to join their secondary division.
- Motivate and encourage students as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with living and learning tasks as appropriate to the students' needs.
- Monitor students responses to living and learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement.
- Establish supportive relationships and trust with students.
- Take responsibility for the care and support of designated students.
What you will need:
- Experience of working with children and/or young people with special educational needs
- Experience of working within a school/care setting or similar environment
- Sound understanding of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Must have the ability to engage with children and young people with ASD
- Ongoing training and support
- Opportunities for career progression
- Will be part of well established, friendly and supportive team
- Making a difference to young people's lives through their education
If this role sounds like it's for you, please click 'Apply Now!' and I will be in contact with you to discuss your application!