Experienced SEND Teaching Assistant * Immediate* Full -Time* *Term Time Only*
Are you interested in working with students with SEND? Do you have relevant experience or an interest in working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Speech, Communication and Language (SCL) needs or Complex Medical Needs?
Temporary to permanent post
We are looking for experienced SEND Teaching Assistants with passion, commitment and resilience to support students in a small local SEND school near Milton Keynes. Students age range from 10 to 19 years.
Ideally you will have already worked in a similar role or received recent certification in PECS, MAPPA or Team Teach and have experienced of supporting students with a statement of Autism or ADHD. As well as a Recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification or relevant degree.
You will be responsible for planning, preparing and supporting your child with their development and learning.
- Supporting students 1:1, 2:1 and 3:1 and in small groups within classroom settings and the community
- Providing care and enabling access to learning for all pupils
- Carrying out pupils support programmes
- Assisting the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
- Personal Care in some cases
Suitable applicants must have:
- Must have enthusiasm, commitment and determination to develop student’s education.
- Experience supporting pupils with Autism (ASD)
- Experience supporting pupils within a school or care environment..
- Enhanced DBS
- Minimum of 2 years referencing based in a childcare, care or education setting.
Working for Reed Education you will be making a significant contribution to the lives of young people in Education Settings in your community. In return we will support you with fair pay rates, continued support and benefits detailed below.
Market Leading Benefits:
- Reed Discount Club – A fantastic range of discounts including half price cinema tickets.
- Health Cash Plan – our partnership with The Hospital Saturday Fund allows you to sign up for insurance and lifestyle perks to help cover costs such as dental fees, sight tests, glasses and contact lenses at a highly discounted rate.
- Holiday & Pension – You will get an employer contribution pension scheme and accrue holiday
- Access to FREE courses including Safeguarding training.
If you meet the criteria above please apply directly with a CV to email@example.com