SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you want to be part of a friendly, supportive team?
Reed Education are on the lookout for Teaching Assistants to join the team of a well established specialist school that caters for children and young people with complex learning difficulties, located in Bury St Edmunds!
As a teaching assistant you will:
- Provide support for pupils with special educational needs on a 1:1 basis or in a small group of students
- Support the teacher with the daily running of the classroom
- Provide positive and safe learning environments at all times
- Provide personal care when required
- Supportive, patient and positive attitude
- Be able to engage with the students and work upon own initiative
- Be able to speak to pupils in a manner that encourages and supports them
- Ability to gain the trust and confidence of children and young people
- Previous experience of working within an education/care or similar environment
- Enhanced DBS (we can help you with this)
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexible working hours (work when it suits you!)
- A dedicated consultant specialising in Education who will help you find the right role for you
- REED Rewards and Discounts
- Recommend a Friend scheme, with high street vouchers on offer
If this role is of interest to you, then please click ‘Apply Now’ and we will be in contact with you to discuss your application!