High Needs SEN Teaching Assistant Needed ASAP!
Reed Education are currently working with a Special Needs school on an exciting new role as a SEN TA in the borough of Waltham Forest (East London)
Starting ASAP, the school are looking for a strong SEN TA to join them to work with students who needs support to overcome barriers in their learning.
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs, including social, health, hygiene, and first-aid and welfare matters.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of individual education plans (or other pupil specific plans).
- To support the specialist teacher in evaluating pupils’ progress and maintain pupil records.
- Use specialist knowledge or experience to support pupils’ learning.
- Liaise with parents, carers and professional staff (such as educational psychologists) in order to promote the learning objectives of each pupil, at the request of the teacher
- Use initiative to develop and implement actions that will promote the integration of the pupil with his/her peers.
- To fully support the teacher with extra-curricular activities such as swimming, educational visits and to fully participate where required
- Promote individual learning
- Use specialist curricular knowledge or experience to support pupils’ learning, under the guidance of the class teacher
- Take part in regular review of practice and take part in development opportunities
- Setting personal targets and attending relevant courses/ in-service training to support the needs of the pupils
- Prepare resources and materials for the individual needs of pupils
- Assist in developing learning materials and using learning materials appropriate for the planned activities
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Experience of working with or caring with complex learning and medical needs.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Basic knowledge of first-aid.
- Ability to use modern technology, including photocopier, video record and personal computer.
- Ability to work in a team
- The job may require pushing children in wheelchairs and more children whose mobility is restricted. Appropriate training will be provided, if necessary.
- The job may require you to physically participate with pupils as advised by the SENCO, teacher or other professionals
Reed can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Your own personal consultant who will endeavour to look after all your needs and answer any questions you may have
- Free interview advice
- Pension Scheme
- Recommend a friend vouchers
Please apply below as we are keen to hear from you! If successful, we will invite you in to register which is a very smooth and enjoyable process.
We are also looking for the following
Primary School Class Teachers KS1 and 2
Special Education Needs Teachers
Outreach Support Workers
Behaviour Management Teaching Assistants
Secondary School Teachers in all Subjects KS3-KS5
If you know of somebody looking for a new role with in the Education sector please do pass on our details. We can offer a referral bonus for anyone who is successfully placed through Reed Education (T&C's apply)