The school specialises in supporting children with severe learning difficulties, challenging behaviour and Autistic Spectrum Disorders. They provide year round educational and residential care for children from 8-19. It is set across 8 acres in the Surrey countryside which the school makes use of. The school has access to sensory rooms, an indoor swimming pool and well resourced classrooms to support the individual learning needs of the child.
- To provide guidance, support and engagement to the pupils in a variety of settings including the classroom, home, on site and during off site activities.
- To contribute to the development of the pupils through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate stimulating activities and the example of a consistent and caring adult role model.
- To Support the pupils towards managing their own behaviours and becoming as independent as possible within their own capabilities by using the skills and approved approaches learnt during the training provided.
- To assist the pupils with all personal care needs as outlined in their Individual Pupil Care Plan; eating, bathing, toileting, cleaning teeth, dressing, etc
- Have experience working with children with severe learning need and ASD.
- Additional qualifications are desired but not essential if you have had the right experience
- A DBS on the updates service (we can support you to gain this)
- A positive approach to team work and supporting children with complex needs.
- A 2 week comprehensive induction and training period
- training including:
- Skills for Care
- Children and Young People's Workforce Social Care L3
- Behaviour Management Training and development
- Career progression
- pension benefits
To be considered for this role, please 'Apply Now' with you most up to date CV and we will contact you directly.