Job Role – SEN Teaching Assistant
Location – Hackney
REED Education are currently looking for experienced SEN Teaching assistants that can support children with Autism. We have recently obtained a new contract across Hackney working with a range of schools that require SEN Teaching assistants on a long-term and short-term basis. The school is based in Hackney and need motivated and positive SEN Teaching assistants to support pupils inside and outside the classroom environment.
The Role includes:
- Working in a calm, laidback classroom in a small group and/or 1:1 basis
- Taking a creative approach to learning, knowing not all children learn in the same way or at the same pace
- Supporting children both inside the class and around the school, ensuring there are following the school rules and policy’s
- Liaising with the class teacher and SENCO throughout to gain a full understanding of how the timetable of certain children may differ from the rest of the class
- Using initiative, knowing when to intervene in particular situations
- Preparing necessary equipment for lessons
- Ensuring tasks set for children are adapted to their ability
The Ideal candidate:
- Fun and creative personality
- Caring and nurturing
- Previous SEN experience (Preferable) Autism, Global Delay, ADHD, ADD, Down syndrome, Sld/Mld and EBD.
- Confident in dealing with all situations that may arise
- Enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new learning environments
Other experience/qualifications (preferable):
- BSL (Level 1,level 2 and level 3)
- SPELL/TEACHH training
- Lego therapy training
- Team teach training
- Awareness of sensory needs
- Pyramid approach
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across East London.
All the schools we work with are looking to shortlist candidates over the next week. Therefore, if this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.