Job Role: SEN Teaching Assistant – Complex Needs
Start Date: September
Salary: £60 - £85
Reed Education’s SEN team work in partnership with a school in the Leeds area which caters for young people aged 2-19, with a range of complex learning difficulties. Some of the young people are on the autistic spectrum, have complex medical needs or who because of communication difficulties become anxious.
We require teaching assistants from a variety of backgrounds. We have had psychology graduates, people who have worked in care and people who just have a real passion for working with young people who have SEN.
One thing we do require is good behaviour management. Working in this environment can be extremely challenging so you will need a lot of resilience. Reed Education can offer free Team Teach training to help with this.
These roles will be long term as the young people who attend need that consistency. A lot of the time these temporary positions progress in to permanent appointments.
What you will need:
- Good behaviour management
- Ideally you will have worked with learners with a range of needs
- Be able to re-engage a young person in learning through a range of methods
- These young people need consistency and so you need to be able to commit to working at the school for long period of time
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to Steven Denvers on 0113 236 8960