Residential Support Worker / TA - Specialist School in Cambridge
REED Education are currently working with a fantastic school in Cambridge on an exciting new position to start in September 2020! The school supports students aged 6-19 years old with additional needs including: Autism, Asperger's Syndrome and Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties. Many students are weekly boarders, requiring support before and after the school day.
- Permanent, full time position - term time only!
- Consists of alternate early and late weeks
- Average 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Supporting children before and after school with activities such as, personal care, meal times, social activities
- When on early shifts, you will come over to the school to support as a Teaching Assistant (you will be assigned to the same class)
- Salary: starting from £16,800
What you'll need:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Autistic Spectrum
- Experience of working in a care setting or similar environment (essential)
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs (desirable not essential)
- NVQ Level 2/3 Health and Social Care or Childcare qualification (desirable not essential)
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Positive, calm and nurturing attitude
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please click 'Apply Now' and I will give you a call to discuss your application!