Job Title: Foundation Learning Lecturer
Location: Carshalton, Surrey
Pay rate: £23.48 increasing to £29.01 p/h
Hours: 23-30 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing starting in September
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Carshalton area. Starting from September, the college are looking for outstanding Foundation Learning Lecturer to join them on a temporary basis from September onwards.
Over 21,000 students are enrolled at the College, and government funded courses like BTEC Nationals and A-levels are free for 16-19 year olds. The vocational courses are still designed to give excellent training and maximise the potential of students looking for skills. These still include carpentry, brickwork, plumbing, and hygiene, but we have expanded into many other areas too.
• Leading education institution in London
• Advanced campuses with high-tech technology
• Advanced department with cutting edge resources
As a Lecturer in Foundation Learning, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
• Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities from Entry 1/2 to Entry 3/Level 1.
• Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
• Managing students' learning and providing a high-quality learning experience.
• Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
What you will need
• Teaching qualification
• Experience in Further Education
• Knowledge and experience of RARPA Recognising and recording progress and achievement
• Moodle and Microsoft Teams delivery
• Experience in supporting SEND learners
• Be prepared to deliver online and in class lessons
• Pro-monitor system - records student information
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.