Job Role: Learning Support Assistant
Start Date: January
Salary: £60 - £80
I am currently working in partnership with a ‘Good” school in the Leeds area who are looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant for a January start. This is a long term temporary position but has the potential to progress in to a permanent position for the right candidate.
A day and boarding school for hearing impaired pupils aged 3-19. The school also became a specialist school for sensory and physical impairments. There is a great emphasis on supporting the development of pupils’ spoken language as well as reading and writing.
- Supporting, assisting and supervising pupils during lessons and at lunchtimes
- Work with individuals or groups of pupils to address targets identified in pupils’ individual education plans
- Promote and reinforce pupils’ self-esteem, independence and participation within the school community
- Show sensitivity to the issues surrounding students who may exhibit challenging behaviour, are disaffected, have learning difficulties and complex needs
- Participate in the planning process as directed by class teachers
- Assist in the delivery of intervention and support programmes
What you will need:
- Experience working with learners with special needs
- Experience of innovation and creativity to engage, enthuse and progress learners
- Recent and relevant experience
- A resilient attitude
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact Steven Denvers on 0113 236 8960.