SEN Learning Support Assistant (KS3 & 4) - Mildenhall area!
REED Education are currently working with a fantastic Alternative Provision close to Mildenhall, that are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join the team on a permanent basis, starting from as soon as possible!
The school specialises in social, emotional and mental health and caters for children of secondary ages. The schools purpose is to provide an engaging curriculum for young people who have found education within a mainstream school challenging.
- Permanent, full time position – term time only
- Starting as soon as possible
- Starting Salary: £18,144.00 - £20,030 (depending on experience)
- Supporting the teacher with the day to day running of the classroom
- Support the young people in small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- Take part in off-site community based learning
- Holistic approach focussing on academic, social and emotional development
- Supporting young people prepare for life after school
- Monitoring and observing young people’s behaviour – reporting concerns if and when necessary
- Offering encouragement, motivation and praise
What you'll require:
- Previous experience of working within SEN provisions or SEN pupils in mainstream schools
- Previous experience of working with social, emotional and mental health (desirable NOT essential)
- A strong and resilient personality and nature
- Able to show empathy and understanding of each individuals needs
- Enhanced DBS check (we can provide this)
If this highly rewarding position is of interest to you then please click 'Apply Now'!