We are working with schools within the Bridgend area and looking to recruit Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistants/Learning Support Workers to support children with Autism.
Schools have a variety of needs -with some requiring staff on an ad-hoc day-to-day basis which allows you the flexibility to choose which days and hours you would prefer to work by simply letting us know when you are available. Schools also have long-term contracts available which offer more consistent working hours that may suit other applicants better. We welcome interest from all applicants and have both part-time and full-time opportunities available.
Apart from being friendly and dedicated to the role, you will need to have at least one of the following to apply-
- At least 12 weeks experience of working with children in sporting, educational or social care settings (Professional reference will be required).
- A teaching or care-based qualification such as CACHE, NNEB, Supporting Teaching & Learning etc.
- Qualifications such as Team Teach are highly desirable, but we can provide training for these if required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Caring for and supervising children, with regards to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Helping to enhance and develop children's learning.
- Assisting the teacher in the preparation of work and equipment.
- Supporting the completion of accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- With teacher guidance working with small groups of children, including the child you would be supporting.
- With teacher guidance supporting individual pupils on a 1:1 basis.
Pay rates start from £60 per day. If you are interested in applying for this role, please click on the relevant link to start the application process.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Reed Education are very proud to be supporting schools across Wales through the National Procurement Service Framework. The pay rates quoted within this advert are subject to the role requirements stipulated by the school at the time of requesting a member of staff from us. Pay will always be clearly discussed and clarified with you before an assignment begins.