Learning Support Assistant (KS3 & 4) - Bury St Edmunds!
REED Education are currently working with a fantastic Pupil Referral Unit in Bury St Edmunds, looking for outstanding Learning Support Assistants to join the team on a permanent basis, starting in September 2020!
The school specialises in social, emotional and mental health and caters for children of secondary ages. The schools purpose is to provide an engaging curriculum for young people who have found education within a mainstream school challenging.
- Permanent, full time position – 37 hours a week
- Starting in September 2020
- Salary between £15,591 - £16,221
- Supporting the teacher with the day to day running of the classroom
- Support the young people in small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- Take part in off-site activities, for example swimming, trampolining and other sports activities
- Monitoring and observing young people’s behaviour – reporting concerns if and when necessary
- Offering encouragement, motivation and praise
What you'll require:
- Previous experience of working within SEN provisions or SEN pupils in mainstream schools
- Previous experience of working with social, emotional and mental health (desirable)
- A strong and resilient personality and nature