This fantastic "Good" school in Godalming is seeking Learning Support Assistants to support pupils with a variety of special needs in the classroom, small groups and individually in order to promote their inclusion and personalised learning. You will be working under the guidance of the class teacher, Leaders of intervention and SEND Lead, Head of Cullum Centre and Assistant Leads. The school offers a broad curriculum and a range of extracurricular activities including a Duke of Edinburgh programme and numerous clubs and societies. Sports leadership and prefect schemes encourage independence and leadership skills and help students to develop as well rounded young adults.
Skill, Knowledge and Experience:
· Able to demonstrate basic numeracy and literacy eg. through Grade C or above GCSE qualification in English and Maths or equivalent
· A positive and flexible attitude to pupils and issues which affect their learning.
· Ability to motivate pupils.
· Ability to work calmly and with patience.
· A good communicator.
· Create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment.
· Good IT and administrative skills.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and protection of students and staff so applicants should have an Enhanced DBS certificate which is registered on the update service or be willing to apply for one.
Core working hours: 08:30 – 15:25 with 50 minutes unpaid lunch break by agreement.
Pay scale: 39 weeks per year on grade S4/5 dependent on qualifications and experience