I'm pleased to be able to highlight to you a new, full time, permanent ASD specialist Class Teacher opportunity to start in January 2021.
The school is a specialist school for youngsters between 11 - 19 years old who have high functioning autism. Class sizes are small and include the support of a Learning Support Assistant.
Based in rural West Sussex on the outskirts of Brighton. Due to the location you would need to be a driver with access to a vehicle.
The main duties of this role include:
* Effective planning of lessons, courses and individual programmes
* Setting expectations based on previous achievement and setting challenging targets
* Demonstrating a range of strategies for teaching and behaviour management
* Consistent and effective assessment
* Pupil achievement against targets set
* Establishing a partnership with parents. Attending meetings as required with outside agencies
You will need to hold a QTS and be an experienced ASD Teacher with up to date experience of the GCSE curriculum across a variety of subjects.
For further information, please apply to this advert and attach your CV.