My client is looking for a Semi Senior Accountant to join their small practice based in the heart of Surrey.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation of accounts (Sole Traders, Partnership and Limited companies).
- Review of accounts work done by more junior colleagues, prior to being reviewed by partners.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts with supporting schedules and reconciliations.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations/CT600 and clearing any tax queries raised by tax specialists.
- Preparation of Self-Assessment personal tax returns to completion.
- Bookkeeping and VAT returns for Clients.
- Audit Work.
- Developing strong Client relationships.
- Liaising frequently with Clients and being their initial point of contact.
- Liaising regularly with HMRC on behalf of Clients.
- Keeping up to date with changes in accounting standards.
- The role will ideally suit an Accountant part way through their ACCA/ACA exams
- Strong computer skills required including Iris, Xero, Sage and QuickBooks, plus relevant Microsoft Packages.
- You will need to have experience working in a similar role within an Accountancy Practice.
The role will initially be on a temporary to permanent basis but they may consider someone straight permanent if you need to give notice.