|Location: BROMLEY, KENT||Salary: 25000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3115589|
My client is now involved in some of the most important construction developments in the UK and is able to undertake projects of any scale. Indeed, because they have significant stock in two large yards, coupled with very experienced staff and a large number or trained operatives, we are also able to carry out a substantial number of large scale projects simultaneously to a very high standard.
My client is now looking for a full time Accounts Assistant/ Purchase Ledger who has ideally had experience in the Construction industry. It would be desirable if the candidate is studying for an accounting qualification with solid working experience and an accounts experience.
• Maintain accurate supplier records and ensure accuracy of these
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Ensure invoices are coded accurately, scanned in to document management software and processed in finance system in a timely manner
• Match invoices to Good Received Notes or Orders where applicable
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Review and clearance of old and slow moving creditor accounts.
• Respond to all suppliers enquiries
• Reconciling supplier statements, following up outstanding discrepancies and liaising with external suppliers on disputed items
• Proactive resolution of supplier queries
-Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
-Preparing statutory accounts.
-Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
-Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
-Managing petty cash transactions.
Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
• Understanding of the Accounts Payable Process
• Construction experience desirable
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Logical and well organised with the ability to prioritise
• Numerate, literate and accurate
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook
• Professional telephone manner
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Positive "can do" attitude
If you feel you have the required experience please apply within.
20000 - 23000 GBP Per Annum
MILNTHORPE, CUMBRIARead more
11.00 - 14.00 GBP Per Hour
LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
Accounts Assistant | Highly Successful, Rapidly Expanding Company with Fantastic Career Development Opportunities | £24-26k per annum + Benefits | Walton-on-Thames
24000 - 26000 GBP Per Annum
WALTON-ON-THAMES, SURREYRead more
21000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEXRead more
9 - 10 GBP Per Hour
BALSALL HEATH, WEST MIDLANDSRead more