|Location: SEVENOAKS, KENT||Salary: 18000 - 19000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 11 months ago||Reference: 3068489|
The ideal candidate would be able to have flexibility around these hours as more work will be required at the time of running payroll each month, but any extra hours required can be taken as TOIL during the rest of the month.
• The salary will be dependent upon the skills and experiences of the successful applicant, but it is envisaged that it is likely to be in the region of a full-time equivalent salary of £18,000 p.a. When pro-rata’d down to 24 hours per week, the salary would be £10,800 p.a.
The following is a list of key (non-exhaustive) activities that will be undertaken:
• Organise / collate all payroll information coming into the personnel department
• File in order of monthly payroll.
• Input payroll data onto Moorepay under the direction of the Payroll Manager.
• Carry out basic payroll calculations.
• Carry out all payroll filing as appropriate including archiving as and when required
• Submit the monthly payroll, only after higher level authorisation has been received.
• Become involved in managing the Pension plan by enrolling staff as and when appropriate.
• Carry out monthly reconciliations
• Help the Payroll Manager to ensure that all legislative requirements are met in a timely fashion.
• Support the Payroll Manager by carrying out all appropriate tasks as required by them.
• Run regular standard payroll reports
The Payroll Clerk should possess the following attributes:
• Solid administrative experience in a busy working environment
• Strong mathematical and record keeping skills
• Ability to use Excel and Word
• Experience in working in a confidential environment including knowledge of the Data Protection Act
• Confidence in dealing with numbers and in carrying out financial calculations
• Ability to work under close direction as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail with high standards of accuracy
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with customer service focus.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Experience of working with payroll data
• Experience of working with pensions
• Experience of working in education
The Payroll Clerk will report to the Payroll Manager who in turn reports into the Director of Personnel and so will form part of the Personnel department.
To work with and support the Finance Manager in dealing with the monthly payroll for its c.450 staff members.
The person filling this role is likely to have contact with a range of staff members and therefore must have good communication skills along with the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Over time they are likely to become the key point of contact for initial payroll queries whilst complicated or higher level decisions will be referred to the Payroll Manager.
If you feel you fit the description then please apply within
22000 - 26000.00 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata
ST. ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
9.25 - 11.00 GBP Per Hour
WARRINGTON, CHESHIRERead more
25000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
CITY OF LONDON, LONDONRead more
10.00 - 11.50 GBP Per Hour
ANDOVER, HAMPSHIRERead more
24000 - 26000 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata
LEATHERHEAD, SURREYRead more