Teaching Assistants are in ever growing demand in Secondary schools across Stoke and Staffordshire, and if you are looking for either longer term or supply based TA employment, Reed Education are here to help.
With students now returned to schools, we offer a variety of different roles to our teaching assistants with options available depending on your level of experience and qualifications.
What can I expect work to look like?
- We can provide access to opportunities including 1-2-1 support with mainstream and SEN pupils, support in behavioural units, group work and whole class TA cover.
- We secure work for people on a short term, long-term and even permanent basis, meaning you hear about the roles you want.
- We work around your specialisms – perhaps you feel best suited to a particular age range or ability level? Or maybe you feel like offering a more nurturing approach to an SEN student is where your strength lies?
- A variety of schools – you can rest assured that by choosing Reed Education you are choosing an agency with a large presence who will be proactive for you and contact the schools that you want to work in.
Could this be right for me? Just some of the things that local schools are looking for include:
- Experience working with a particular subject area – perhaps your strength is English, Maths or Science? Schools look for TAs across the range of secondary areas to support their students.
- Relevant training, such as the NVQ courses or equivalent.
- Any additional training – perhaps you’ve attended a SEN course or are Team Teach trained? It all helps!
- A flexible approach – more and more schools share TAs across classes and groups. The more flexible you are able to be, the more this will help schools!
- Plus, anything which makes you different! If you have worked in an SEN setting, can help students with EAL or can bring something different to the table such as musical ability or a language, it will all be noticed.
What are the benefits Reed offer?
- A competitive daily pay rate based on your experience and the requirements of the role.
- A specialist consultant who will work with you and provide you with additional support such as CV writing, interview guidance and honest feedback.
- Access to CPD including Safeguarding training, PREVENT and Team Teach.
- Reed Benefits including access to various insurances and discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme of £100 per referral.
- Access to our pension scheme
Our registration process is clear and straight forward, and in light of the current situation has been made complete remote so that you can enjoy a risk-free registration, leaving us to work in the background and make sure you are ready when the schools are.
To get in touch and find out more, apply now to Claire Seeley at Reed Education.
Reed are committed to safeguarding and all candidates will be subject to a formal registration process which requires an enhanced DBS check either on the Update Service or completed by Reed.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business