REED Education Reading are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and efficient Technical Support Assistant to work in support of the Science department for an Ofsted “good” school in the West Berkshire local authority, based in Reading.
The technician support element of the role will involve assisting within the Science department at the school, whilst the pupil facing side of the role will involve supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities in the classroom.
Working with SEN covers a broad spectrum of needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH), Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD) Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Asperger Syndrome (AS), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Physical Disabilities, Anxiety etc.
This position will be specifically supporting in Science lessons including working directly with SEN students 1:1 and in small groups.
The person we are seeking will:
• Provide technical support in Science lessons when specialist equipment is being used;
• Demonstrate the use of specific technical equipment to whole classes or small groups of students, in liaison with the Head of Department or classroom teacher;
• Ensure equipment and resources are prepared and ready for lessons when appropriate and in liaison with the subject teacher;
• Supervise and run extra-curricular activities out of lesson time.
• Improve standards of learning and achievement for all students;
• Help students to develop independent learning skills;
• Directly support students with SEND in various curriculum areas and differentiate resources as appropriate;
• Remove barriers to achievement by working in small groups or with individual students as directed, including the differentiation of resources as appropriate;