Lancashire County Council have a successful ongoing partnership with Reed Education to provide Teaching Assistants to secondary schools across Lancashire. As a result, Reed Education are seeking a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to work 1 to 1 with a student with VI in a mainstream secondary school in the Chorley area.
Whilst braille is not an essential requirement for this post, you will be transcribing work.
The post is for 25 hours a week spread over 5 days and is initially for a term but could lead to a contract for the right candidate.
The successful applicant must:
• Must have good KS4 curriculum knowledge
• Must have a TA3 qualification
• Have strong interpersonal skills and be good and building relationships and strong technology skills.
• Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
• Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy, punctual as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
· High quality training and support
· Opportunities to work across a number of schools
· Competitive rates of pay
· Dedicated consultant to support you within your role
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
Please email us an up to date CV or contact us on 01772 567302.