Reed Education Stratford are currently working on a really exciting role for one of our Alternative provision schools in North London Area.
This is for a secondary setting with behaviour difficulties.
- OFSTED rated ‘Good’
- Secondary Pupil Referral Unit Level (KS3 – KS4)
- 500 pupils on site.
- Great transport links
- Successful candidate would be part of a team who would assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning both in and out of class, in PRUs and mainstream schools
- Working within a learning framework set by the classroom teacher(s), provide support for the educational, social and personal needs of students, which ensures that they have a safe and healthy environment in which to learn and develop.
- To act as an integral part of the Centre staff team, and as such to make a contribution to the overall aims of the Centre, working within agreed policies and procedures.
- Support students during learning activities working under the direction of the teacher, provide the appropriate level of support needed by students to promote independent learning, responding to any signs of distress or conflict and feeding back to the teacher about progress made by students(s)
- Responsible for meeting the specific needs of a student (or students) Provide specific learning support to a student (or group of students) with special learning needs, taking into account their educational, cultural and/or religious background, in respect of: behavioural emotional and social development needs communication, interaction difficulties ,cognition and learning difficulties
- Observe and report on student performance
In agreement with the classroom teacher, carrying out, and reporting on, systematic observations of students to gather evidence of their knowledge, understanding and skills upon which the teacher can make judgement about their stage of development.
What you will need:
- Experience working in a PRU unit
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Current DBS or willing to undertake
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Competitive pay rates
• 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
• The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
• Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward me your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’ or by e-mailing Jonelle.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact me. We’d would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.