A large, mixed, comprehensive school providing an innovative education for students from Year 7 to 13, is looking to recruit SENDCo to manage and lead their SEN department.
There is a happy, warm atmosphere with a clear and purposeful approach for students and staff. The school’s aim is to ensure that, the students are able to develop into confident and articulate learners and so leave the school retaining a lifelong thirst for knowledge and a clear desire to make a positive contribution to society.
SENDCo role requirements:
- QTS or equivalent teaching qualification
- Previous SEN experience (preferably as Deputy/Assistant SENDCo)
- To work alongside the Head of Inclusion to determine the strategic development of special educational needs and SEND policy and provision
- Work with all faculties to maximise the progress of SEND students across the school
- To be responsible for the daily running and coordination of learning support
The role is full time and permanent from September 2020.
The salary with be MPS/UPS to reflect your experience.
There is a TLR 2.3 for this role (currently £6,829)
The school is committed to the safeguarding and protection of all students and staff so you will need and Enhanced DBS which is registered on the update service or be willing to apply for one.