Are you a driven, dynamic and committed practitioner of a STEM subject discipline looking to make an immediate start in your next role in education?
Reed Education Cardiff is recruiting for a STEM specialist teacher for a September start in a mixed 11-18 Secondary School in Caerphilly LEA. The school has average levels of FSM and SEN with over 1000 pupils on roll which means that this is a prime opportunity to make a tangible difference to the lives of learners who are keen and ready to maximise their subject knowledge.
Uptake to subject disciplines within STEM are healthy across the board at GCSE and A Level meaning there are clear opportunities for personalised learning strategies to be implemented by successful applicants.
You will have a strong background of teaching a range of disciplines within a STEM subject and will be an exceptional practitioner. A track record of improving standards is preferable but not required. You will be committed to developing the holistic profile of learners and candidates with a strong desire to eventually move into a pastoral role is preferred. The department runs weekly afterschool sessions for revision and catch-up which you would be expected to contribute to.
To be considered for the role, you will be/will have:
- A qualified teacher (QTS status);
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a STEM subject discipline;
- Experience of delivering high-quality teaching and learning experiences up to KS4 (KS5 desirable);
- A sincere desire to see all pupils improve and strategies to ensure positive attainment;
- Effective class management with pupils at all levels;
- Tenacious attitude with a devotion to self-improvement;
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This is a rewarding opportunity for experienced teachers who are looking for a new challenge in education as well as practitioners who are seeking shorter-term employment in the education sector.
If you are interested and available, or would like an informal chat about this position, please contact Rhys Morris on 02920 386 515 or at email@example.com.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.