Job Title: Teacher of Sociology
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Salary: Main Scale Outer London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, committed and creative Teacher of Sociology. My Client, a 'Good’ school based in the heart of St Albans, are looking for a Teacher who is passionate about learning and wants to make a difference.
You should be an exceptional classroom practitioner who is committed to the achievement of all pupils
The school offers a well-ordered, exciting and supportive environment where each student is expected to achieve their potential.
Excellent professional development opportunities are provided for all staff.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• Degree or equivalent academic qualification
• Evidence of success in teaching Sociology at Key Stage 3 and 4
• The ability to teach at KS5.
• To be able to teach across a range of abilities and to be a role model for teaching within the department
• The ability to foster enthusiasm and confidence in the learning of Sociology
• Successfully plan schemes of work and lessons which ensure appropriate strategies for effective teaching, learning and assessment.
• To manage behaviour effectively within the classroom and Department.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to co-operative working.
• A good knowledge of ICT
• To show confidence, imagination, drive and boundless enthusiasm in teaching.
• The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Good personal organisation, administration skills, team work and the ability to work under pressure.
• Use data effectively to ensure progress and raise achievement.
• A commitment to the wider life of the Faculty and the school.
• A commitment to equal opportunities in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic school
• A willingness to learn new skills & approaches & to share the experiences with others.