Are you enthusiastic, resilient and able to use your initiative?
Are you an excellent leader with a passion for achieving the best outcomes for excluded learners?
Can you build positive relationships with young people and make a difference?
Reed Education is working with an Ofsted-rated “Good” Alternative Provision in Oxford, supporting students who have either been excluded or are at risk of exclusion from school. The provision provide the students with a unique approach, based on an integrated curriculum of core and technical (vocational) learning. Ofsted recognise that learning is engaging and staff have excellent relationships with pupils.
They are looking for a Maths Lead for their key KS3/4 provision for a September start. You will be leading a small department of experienced and dedicated teachers using your skills to bring learning to life for their young learners and to truly contribute to their aim to re-engage them with their learning and be successful. In addition, you will be overseeing the Maths curriculum development.
The centre are looking to appoint someone who is:
- An excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal and motivational skills and an excellent track record of delivering excellence.
- Excellent subject knowledge up to key stage 4 and BTEC Maths. The position is open to an experienced middle leader or an aspiring Maths lead.
- High quality organisation and self-management skills
- Not afraid of a challenge and have strong, restorative behaviour management skills
- Creative and innovative with an ability to translate ideas into practice
- Resilient and has a passion for achieving the best possible outcomes for our vulnerable learners.
REED Education are a person-centred recruitment agency who specialise in education roles. You will be supported by a consultant who is an ex-teacher and can provide a personalised service, which includes CV writing assistance, interview preparation and aftercare service.