A lovely Surrey Secondary School which is growing and developing is looking for a Head of Design Technology & Art to support the continued improvement of their talented department. This successful mixed comprehensive is currently rated as 'Good' by Ofsted but is working hard to become an outstanding school. This role is full time and permanent from September 2020.
The successful candidate will preferably be an RMT specialist and will be working to ensure that the highest standards are set across the department to monitor, evaluate and improve the progress of all students. The role also focuses on the provision of strategic leadership and the development of policies and practices to support and sustain improvements across the wider school.
The school is looking for an enthusiastic Design and Technology teacher with:
- QTS or an equivalent UK teaching qualification
- A qualification to degree level or higher in the subject specialism
- An RMT subject specialist
- Department or school management experience
- The ability to teach outstanding lessons across Key Stages 3- 4
The school offers:
- London Fringe salary + TLR2.2 £4653 (Head of Department) + TLR3 £1000 (Whole School Stem Lead - renewable annually)
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Access to Surrey MyBenefits Scheme
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role and this involves a police check.