An exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to lead a Maths department. As a leader of a core subject, you will play an important role in developing the Maths curriculum and securing excellent outcomes for our pupils. For the right candidate, there may also be an opportunity to be part of the leadership structure and have a direct impact on the strategic development of the school.
The school offers state of the art facilities in a purpose built environment, and is set in the beautiful West Sussex countryside. Due to the rural location of this school, you will need to be a driver with access to a vehicle. The school provides excellent educational and residential provision for children and young people with Autism and associated difficulties. The staff team at this school are committed to creating a learning culture that enables the best possible outcomes for its pupils.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity for a September 2020 start.
- You will be an outstanding teacher with a passion for Maths
- You will have a positive attitude and a passion for inclusive education
- You will have good knowledge of the national curriculum and experience of delivering lessons to a range of needs and abilities
- You will have experience of supporting students with Autism and/or other associated learning difficulties
The school are able to offer the following:
- A pleasant, supportive working environment
- Superb ‘state of the art’ new build school
- 4-5 pupils per class with T.A. support
- Training opportunities, including mandatory training, CPD and additional specialist training
- Regular, supportive 1:1 meetings with a supervisor
- Regular team meetings
- Subsidised lunches with pupils
- Contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
Please do not hesitate to apply if you hold a QTS, Maths is your specialist subject, you have recent experience of teaching UK curriculum KS3 & KS4 Maths, you have experience of teaching children with ASD and will be available from September 2020 to start a new full time, permanent opportunity.