Cover Supervisors are required for Secondary Schools across Surrey to support with the return to the classroom in Autumn Term 2020. Schools are already looking for additional support in this area so please apply today to register with the Education Team.
You will be the responsible adult in the classroom and will be supervising students in Y7-Y11 to ensure they are on task to complete the independent learning tasks that have been set by the class teacher. There is no planning, preparation or marking needed and you do not need specific subject knowledge, or indeed an educational background. However, confidence and experience working with teenagers and young adults would be an advantage.
Key skills needed:
- Experience in working with teenagers or young adults
- Confidence to be able to work with and support a class of up to 30 students
- Empathy and patience - students will sometimes need support to get started with the work and to stay on task
- Consistency in terms of your approach to supervising the students in your care - schools will support you with this
- English and Mathematics GCSE is the minimum qualification for this role
- A sense of humour!
- The role is temporary and ad hoc so is ideal if you need a job to fit in round family or other work commitments.
- The daily rate of pay is £70 - £75 depending on any previous experience.
- Is within school hours (approximately 08:30 - 15:30) but you will need to arrive in school at least 15 minutes before hand to ensure you have your lesson tasks and any additional information you may need for the day
- You will need to log onto a school registration system so you should be confident with basic IT
- You will need an Enhanced DBS certificate which is registered with the DBS online update service - you can apply for one through REED if you do no currently have this. This is mandatory and will require a police check.
Please contact me by email with your up to date CV to be considered for our talent pool for Autumn 2020: Sue.Dilworth@reed.com