Graduate Roles in Secondary Schools for September 2020
With the news that schools are to reopen their doors in September 2020, subject specialists will be required to provide extra support to students after months out of an educational setting.
If you are a graduate looking to gain experience in a school setting, Reed Education are here to help. For September we have a high demand for English and Maths Graduates to support KS3 and GCSE students transitioning back into full time education, though if you are a specialist in any other subject, we can help.
Working with schools across West Midlands, you will need to have some flexibility working within different areas.
Typically, schools will recruit graduates into roles such as a Teaching Assistant, where you can offer your expert subject knowledge whilst gaining valuable classroom experience. Many graduates use this type of role as a way to get into teaching, as universities will always look favourably on this type of experience on a teaching application.
First instance this would be temporary work, however Reed Education work with a number of clients and we will help and support you in providing work in a variety of educational settings and expanding your options as your experience grows.
What can you expect the role entail:
The roles can vary from school to school, through you will typically be working with a small group of students or provide 1-2-1 support.
- Assisting students in lessons to aid their understanding
- Providing catch-up sessions for students who have gaps in their learning, either due to existing difficulties or due to the impact of being outside of the classroom during Covid19.
- Working closely with the teachers to ensure that you follow their classroom rules and processes
- Working with teachers and other school staff to interpret lessons – many students may need a different way of approaching the work in order to understand it, and this is where your strong subject knowledge will help you to make such a difference.
- To work with the department to create your own material that suits the children you work with.
- A competitive pay rate paid weekly
- A specialist consultant with experience of working with schools who will support you and provide you with additional guidance such as CV writing, interview preparation and honest feedback.
- Access to CPD including Safeguarding training, PREVENT and Team Teach.
- Refer a friend scheme of £100 per referral.
- Access to our pension scheme
Our registration process is clear and straight forward, and in light of the current situation has been made complete remote so that you can enjoy a risk-free registration, leaving us to work in the background and make sure you are ready when the schools are.
To get in touch and find out more, apply now to Steph Pass at Reed Education.