A large, mixed, comprehensive school providing an innovative education for students from Year 7 to 13, is looking to recruit a Biology Teacher to their thriving team.
There is a happy, warm atmosphere with a clear and purposeful approach for students and staff. The school’s aim is to ensure that, the students are able to develop into confident and articulate learners and so leave the school retaining a lifelong thirst for knowledge and a clear desire to make a positive contribution to society.
- QTS or equivalent teaching qualification
- Science teacher with Biology subject specialism to degree level or higher
- Experience of teaching general Science at KS3 and Biology at KS4-KS5
- Experience of teaching the UK science curriculum
- Able to track and support pupil progress in line with the school's policy
The role is full time and permanent from September 2020.
You will be:
- Able to create a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students
- A strong classroom practitioner
- Able to plan and develop schemes of work to support learning and innovation
- Able to work effectively to time constraints
- Willing to make a contribution to the wider life of the school
The school is committed to the safeguarding and protection of all students and staff so you will need and Enhanced DBS which is registered on the update service or be willing to apply for one.