Reed Education Cardiff are looking to recruit an experienced SEBD Teaching Assistant to work within a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) within the Caerphilly County Borough. This position is starting immediately with the possibility of being long term for the right person.
Within this role, you will be required to support individuals with a range of Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD) on a 1:1 and group basis. Each group within the PRU will have no more than 5 pupils and you will assist in the delivery and learning of a variety of subjects including: Maths, English, Science, Humanities, Creative Arts, ICT and Animal Care. You will also be required to take pupils to and engage with them through a variety of sporting activities such as football, basketball and trampolining.
The pupils within the PRU have a range of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and therefore, do display severe challenging behaviour. This role is not for the faint hearted and the pupils require a Teaching Assistant who is resiliant, firm but fair but who can also display empathy when needed along with the ability to engage with pupils and recognise the needs of each individual.
Working Monday to Friday during term time, the hours of work will be 08:30am - 15:30pm with some flexibility required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting pupils with severe challenging behaviour
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Firm but fair characteristic with the ability to engage with pupils and show empathy
- Be a flexible and confident individual who has a creative approach to teaching
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively
- Commitment to improving the lives of young people
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Toa assist in the teaching of a varirty of subjects and support individuals
- Help to prepare resources and equipment
- Liaise with other educational professionals
- Liaise closely with parents and guardians
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Promote wider aspirations and values, as well as adhering to working protocols Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, fully engaging in safeguarding training
- Previous experience supporting pupils with SEBD ideally within a PRU
- A valid DBS on the update Service (Reed can help you obtain this if needed)
- Excellent references
If you have a positive attitude, are passionate about working with young people and you have the right qualifications and qualities that we desire - we want to hear from you. Please send me your most up-to-date CV, by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. If you have any questions, please contact the Reed Education, Cardiff, office and ask Sian Davies on 02920 386515.
Reed Education are very proud to be supporting schools across Wales through the National Procurement Service Framework. The pay rates quoted within this advert are subject to the role requirements stipulated by the school at the time of requesting a member of staff from us. Pay will always be clearly discussed and clarified with you before an assignment begins.