Reed Education Cardiff are currently recruiting a Teaching Assistant with experience of supporting pupils with challenging behaviour for our special school client based in South Glamorgan. This is a permanent post and will start in January.
Our special educational client provide a curriculum and learning environment to pupils with cognitive learning difficulties and social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Within the learning centre, education is provided by engaging the pupils in a creative and nurturing environment as well as outdoor activities.
Along with providing a curriculum to the pupils, their well-being is paramount and pastoral care plays a big part of the role.
Due to the nature of the role and the needs of the pupils, this post would suit someone with previous experience within street youth work, behavioural units or teaching/coaching sports.
You will be required to:
• To help engage learners into their education, sometimes acting as one a one to tutor in small groups
• Helping children with special educational needs amongst a strong TA network within the school
• Acting as role model an inspirational leader to the children at all times
What you will need:
• Experience in working with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) particularly those with challenging behaviour
• A patient and calm personality
• A passion for supporting children throughout their education
• A clear DBS and excellent references
As this post is starting in January, interviews are being held immediately so please call Sian Davies on 0292 386515 or forward your CV to Sian.Davies@reedglobal.com if you would like to apply.