|Location: CROYDON, SURREY||Salary: 10.00 - 10.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Education||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 10 months ago||Reference: 3208298|
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Pay rate: TBC
Hours: Full Time
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a Great College on an exciting new role in the Surrey area.
Starting immediately, the college are looking for an outstanding Science Technician to join them on a temporary basis.
With over 8,000 students our client is one of the largest and most successful providers of Further (college) and Higher (university) Education courses in the South East, judged Good at all levels in all areas by external inspections by Ofsted and the Quality Assurance Agency (for Higher Education).
· You will be assisting the lecturer across Level 2 and 3 Science courses, including Access · You will be assisting the lecturer across Level 2 and 3 Science courses, including Access
· You will be assisting the academic staff in the preparation for delivery and clearing after practical sessions, ensuring relevant equipment and materials are available to meet timetable commitments
· You will be supporting delivery through the production of student or in a technical / demonstration / teaching capacity to students and to staff across the college as required
· Support delivery through assessment of students’ competence to awarding body standards and assist in the receiving and recording of student work as required.
· Plan and carry out a programme of induction, demonstration and general instruction on the safe and effective use of all equipment, machinery and materials. This will include assessing students’ competence and approving their use of certain machinery or equipment.
What you will need:
· Minimum Level 3 qualification in the related subject
· Experience of working as a Technician in a Science Department
· Strong track record of delivering to objectives and targets
· Good classroom management to maintain a safe and appropriate teaching and working environment.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
17,390.00-18,500.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
STOKE-ON-TRENT, STAFFORDSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
9.16-10.00 GBP Per hour, inc Benefits
STAFFORD, STAFFORDSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
16.00-18.00 GBP Per hour, inc Benefits
EAST LONDON, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
13.00 - 14.00 GBP Per Hour
BRIGHTON, EAST SUSSEXRead more
120.00 - 180.00 GBP Per Day
EAST LONDON, LONDONRead more