|Location: WOKINGHAM, BERKSHIRE||Salary: 16123.00 - 19430.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3072285|
• Maintain and repair computer and computer related equipment.
• Provide classroom support where IT is used in the classroom.
• Provide technical support for staff.
• Recognise any potential problems for the network and take preventative action.
• Maintain all software applications used in school, both curriculum and administrative.
• Help maintain the school’s online resources.
• Support the school’s management information system.
• Provide Audio/Visual technical support.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Maintain and keep in good running order, all computer workstations on the school premises.
• Maintain and develop the school’s IT infrastructure and provide an efficient and comprehensive IT support service for all system users.
• Ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of the network.
• Ensure, with external assistance, that hardware and software are installed and that machines are rebuilt where required.
• Assist the IT Manager with the development of emerging technologies as appropriate.
• Manage media.
• Manage printing system.
• Manage booking and delivery of resources such as laptops trolleys.
• Ensure data protection procedures are followed and comply with current requirements.
• Continuously work to upgrade and improve the school’s network infrastructure to provide staff and students with the most effective user experience possible.
• Provide support for the student information management system.
• Follow administrative procedures and carry out IT ‘housekeeping’ functions and maintain network records.
• Help maintain an accurate asset record of all IT equipment and a log of all software licenses.
• Liaise with staff, set up and assist in the running of assemblies.
• Show flexibility and a willingness to undertake various tasks of an “ad hoc” nature that is outside of the scope of your normal duties.
This is a position at an Ofsted rated "good" school in the Wokingham Borough catchment located with excellent travel connections and easy access to the M4, A329 and A33.
Applications should be for the attention of Dan Brown or for more information please call on 0118 952 0017.
We expect a high response for this role so please do get in contact as soon as possible.
• Qualified to work in the UK.
• Industry recognised diploma or equivalent.
• Experience of delivering customer focused ICT services.
• A strong technical understanding of ICT systems.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve technical errors.
• Ability to provide advice and guidance to users in their use of ICT equipment.
• The ability to communicate well, to work as a member of a team, and to have effective working relationships.
• Sensitivity to school needs.
• Attention to detail.
• Verbal reasoning ability.
• Understanding the latest trends in IT.
• Awareness of what interests young people in ICT and how they acquire skills.
• The ability to liaise with internet service providers and other suppliers or contractors in relation to routine matters and fixing simple faults.
• Good knowledge of the world wide web and the basic range of functions on browsers.
• The ability to install, test and maintain hardware and software for networks and stand-alone use.
• The ability to manage maintenance and repair procedures.
• A willingness to undertake further training and professional development.
• Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
• Knowledge of schools management systems (Capita SIMS preferable).
• Skills in modern network infrastructure devices including routers, managed switches and current cabling standards.
• Developing and maintaining IP Telephony (VOIP).
• Maintaining unified photocopying and print management services software.
• Knowledge of Wi-Fi technology systems and services, including authentication standards.
• Understanding of scripting languages.
• Knowledge of sound and lighting systems.
17000.00 - 17000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWTON ABBOT, DEVONRead more
17000 - 17600.00 GBP Per Annum
KINGSBRIDGE, DEVONRead more
DUNFERMLINE, FIFERead more
20000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
DUNFERMLINE, FIFERead more
16000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
PLYMOUTH, DEVONRead more